How can I sell my stock?

September 15, 2003

Subject:   selling stock
Date:   Sun, 24 Aug 2003
From:   Dave

Good afternoon,

I have a question for you. I own 21 shares of stock from my former employer. The stock is traded on NASDAQ. I don’t know how to sell it. Any suggestions?

Thank you.


Date:   Fri, 12 Sep 2003

Hello Dave,

If the stock is in certificate form, take it to a stock broker. If the stock is in a “street account” with a brokerage company, call a representative of the brokerage company. Helping sell publicly traded stock is their business.

Good luck!

Mike Gray

For more answers to our readers’ questions and to learn about new tax developments relating to employee stock options, subscribe to our newsletter, Michael Gray, CPA’s Option Alert!

Comments are closed.