How do I exercise employee stock options from overseas?

July 13, 2005

Date:   Wed, 06 Jul 2005
From:   Harley

Dear Sirs,

I am American citizen located in Egypt. Years ago, I received some employee stock options while working for a company in California. I want to exercise them, but have been frustrated in my efforts to do so. What should I do?



Date:   Wed, 06 Jul 2005

Hello Harley,

Try to find out who is responsible for administering the plan. You should write to the company about your election to exercise the options. They are obligated to comply, unless there was a misunderstanding and the options lapsed after you left the company.

Good luck!

Mike Gray

For more information about incentive stock options, request our free report, Incentive Stock Options – Executive Tax and Financial Planning Strategies.

Comments are closed.