Can I report incentive stock option gains on Schedule D?

August 17, 2005

Date:   Tue, 02 Aug 2005
From:   RJ


I exercised some ISOs and sold the shares on the day of exercise. The gain from the sale was reported on my W-2 form. I had thought based on advice from my accountant that I was going to report the income on Schedule D. I had a large capital loss carryover from the previous year to apply to the gain. Is there any hope that I can report the gain on Schedule D?

Thanks, RJ


Date:   Mon, 08 Aug 2005

Hello RJ,


Good luck!

Mike Gray

For more information about incentive stock options, request our free report, Incentive Stock Options – Executive Tax and Financial Planning Strategies.

Comments are closed.