How will withholding and reporting work when I retire?

September 18, 2006

Date:   Tue, 20 Jun 2006
From:   Michael

If I exercise my (non-qualified) stock options after I retire, how will withholding and reporting be done, since I will no longer be an employee?


Date:   05 Jul 2006

Hello Michael,

Since the options were received relating to your employment, your employer will still be required to withhold income and employment taxes and report the income on Form W-2, even when you are no longer an employee.

Good luck!

Mike Gray

For more information about non-qualified stock options, request our free report “Executive Tax and Financial Planning For Non-Qualified Stock Options”.

Comments are closed.